Friday, July 20, 2007

Yellow Flower

Pic from a few days ago, and not too clear! I have many books to identify things with, and this flower is on the cover of one of the flower books.

I guess I should do that...key everything out.

But I dont know...

a poem..

I know few names of the stars,
And the animals and flowers,
The long ones I mean, the ones the scientists use,
And I know few of the names of the tourists that come to the Valley,
Or their stories.
Sometimes somethings said to begin a conversation
And they open like a book.
Should I open the books I have, and learn the names
Of all the animals and flowers and stars??
The stars over head with no moon at eleven thousand feet,
The rock and moutains surrounding like a bowl holding them--
I could never learn all those names!!
And what stories from the worlds circling around those stars!!
Tomorrow I'll hike a new trail,
Stop now and then and chat,
Take some souvenir photos of the animals and flowers,
And gather some new memories and trail tales.

No comments: