Monday, February 23, 2009

Three Cedars Bears




After Breakfast, started the day with a to and fro Shuttle to the Post Office...harmonica came...I might be able to actually play it...the Pan Pipes are proving problematic!!....after a few notes...paddled out to Creek's End...the routine!...fresh Bear Track...but no Bears....went back to the Cabin...then walked to the Village....wanted to get the little book with animal tracks...but it wasn't there...I have it somewhere!....anyway..the mystery track is still for sometime...picked up lunch and Shuttled to Lower Falls...was going to go back to the Cabin...really tired!...but walked past and out to Creek's End again...had lunch....a very different sort of day at Creek's End with the rain and mists...the little birds about...and one Flicker...paddled back to the Cabin around four...and curled up...an unusual time!...usually I stay out on days off until sunset...little did I know!....I was so sound asleep...and my hiking friend knocked on my window...'David, the Bear is out back!'...geared up and out I went!...and Deer were out back!...pics and clips...then my friend explained, the Bear, Fir Bear, was at the Creek Footbridge, looking around where the Buck had lain, and then Fir Bear went under the Road Bridge, and headed down the Creek....I left off with the Deer...and almost stepped in fresh Bear plop...found the track...and went again to Creek's End by the Three Cedars, hopeful...and Fir Bear was there rolling about and having a good time!...I set up, and Bear began gnawing on the remaining carcass bones..this was expected, as I have clips of the Bears chewing on the bones of the first Buck....most of the clips I was taking were dark because Bear was under the Cedars...and looking more carefully in the dark areas, I saw a second Bear!....I needed better light!...and went through Owl Woods to a better place with the fading sun behind me...set up, and by good fortune, Fir Bear went out into the open, and the second Bear, which I strongly suspect is Oak Bear, came out from the Cedars too...somehow Oak Bear has acquired a red tag and collar since two days ago when last seen!...I think!...they began playing, and playing, and playing...it's a wonderful group of clips...I've posted up just a little bit...I picked up when the light was nearly gone...and made one small noise as I was leaving that got Bears' attention...other than that, they never knew I was there...at least they didn't look my way...I suspect they can identify my smell easy enough!...but I dont think the Critters have the same wariness of scents as they do of sound and motion...I couldn't wait to show my friend and her husband the clip....and thank them, they were at Last Chance for dinner...where everyone was very appreciative!....a fine evening and talkabout!....I've posted up Bear clips on eight evenings I think...and the Bears playing tonight is the icing on the cake, I'd say!...cloudy misty with light rain now and then...cool....

a note about the Blog, as it became a topic during the talkabout:...I was asked over dinner, so often, to post up the Bears to Utub and such...that I finally just owned up to having the Blog where I do post up...which was a surprise to my friends!!.... I dont as a rule, talk about the Blog, or seek attention for it...friends I have that have blogs I feel comfortable mentioning my own to...and sharing web addresses and such...they understand blogs....but for those who dont have blogs, or haven't read them, yet, .....or like one friend (James, the poet) I have, who doesn't like blogs!...(he prefers batch emails...which I find bedeviling!!)...I just dont say anything...the web, computers, the blogs, they are all something one more or less has to work out for ones own self...to make a long thought short...well...heck...I cant even think how to make it short!....anyway, I do post clips to the Blog nightly, but I dont, as a rule, go about bedeviling people to read it, nightly!...and most Bloggers are like that I suspect!....and of course, in consideration, is that I live and work in the preeminent Park in world....there are concessionaires, and administration, with their Blogs....and that's where folks go when searching for Valley things...and rightly so....it would be inappropriate for me to do business here, sell things and such....or even offer trail recommendations...there are Clubs with ancient Sierra traditions for that!...I must say, as a means of communicating with friends and family, sharing one's life, as Google's Blogger blurb puts it, Blogger is a good choice...oh...I envy the Bears!....they knocked one another down for a knockdown clip!!

No comments: