Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Creek Bridge Deer




Paddled out to Creek's End....checked on the Three Cedars for Bear...the Cedars, by the way, are where Owl sat perched above my head looking down while I dug out the 12x early last Summer...and flew off when I looked back up!....and with this in mind, and too some other pics and clips I've taken near these Trees...I was standing at Owl Log...hoping maybe to see Blue Heron..and heard Owl!...hoo hoooooo hoo hoooo hooo....somewhere upstream toward Chapel Bridge...and on the opposite bank...what to do???...with the didgi scope along I hoped to find Owl...and scanned all the trees up and down on the opposite bank with the binocs like Brown Creeper!....but nothing...I needed a better vantage point...and could just barely hear Owl...and the hooing was becoming less frequent....so..I waded across Creek's End, and up the bank to Lodgepole Point...knee deep...and cold...and tried as I might..no luck finding Owl...last place I looked from, was Butterfly Flat...just below Chapel Bridge...and I thought...before picking up...to vocalize a few hooo hoooos....maybe Owl would answer!...no one was about...or so I thought...until I turned about, and seeing a photog on the Bridge, said..."There's an Owl over there in the trees..."...oh...if I could have found Owl it would have been a great pic...with the rain mists, and snow....tomorrow I'll check all those trees in Chapel Meadow!!....back at the Cabin my hiking friend was about to go back to the Cedars to see if Bear was about...'Be Careful!'...I said...and later at work she came by with a clip of Bear!...'I kept thinking about what you said, 'Be Careful' '...seems she lost track of Bear amongst the trees...and I know how that uncertainty of Bear's whereabouts can make one anxious!...along with Bear, she had a clip of Bobcat on the Rocky Slope, not far from where I was yesterday..and it's a great clip!..'cept the camera is an older 3x...video is grainy like my old Coolpix...Bear clip is good too, but Bear too far away...well...properly away far enough!....my old 12x sits in the drawer, and I'll lend it to my friend; partly for the safety the long lens affords when filming Bear and such!....partly because she enjoys photography....and partly I want copies of her clips and pics!...she has a talent for finding Critters!...a light rain at the beginning of the walk...then cleared a little..some blue between the clouds...which was when Owl went quiet!....nice to cross the Creek, even with the wet feet...and make my favorite loop up Lodgpole Point to Cook's and back through Lower Falls...I've seen all-in-one boots with leggings, and will have to acquire those...it will be days before the boots dry!...fortunately I have the mickey boots...and even the cross country boots...Canon is coming out with the new generation of the 12x...which will be a 20x with high definition video...and I think it has 12 megabytes...and an improved cmos sensor...on Amazon it is available for preorder...for sometime is a proper report on the camera gear I use...pic and clip of Creek Bridge Deer from yesterday....

No comments: