Friday, February 20, 2009

Oak Bear And Ravens



Paddled out to the Creek...snowshoed, actually...snows not so deep as during the storm...looks to have melted...then frozen...picked up some old Bear track... followed it to Creek's End....was going that way!...didn't expect to find Bear with all the noise the plastic snowshoes make...but Oak Bear was in much the same place as before....with the Ravens...pics and clips...it would be nice to get a good pic of Bear!...but I dont see how I could ever get close enough...pics I got are okay...some of the clips too...Bear was mostly just relaxing...and keeping close to the Deer carcass...that may be what Bears do to keep food away from other critters...report of Coyote's howling in the Backyard this morning...and I saw their tracks...Bear came from across the Creek at about the Swath...I set the new camera to medium...and used the background trees for the focus and exposure...pic was light...so I darkened it in Elements...I kneeled in the snow back under some trees with tripod down for like forty five minutes!...I could watch Bears all day...legs went to sleep...and with snowshoes on it was tough standing up!....one of Bear's eyes looks closed...or puffy...or maybe just winking!!....sunny blue cool day...Bear would look up and glance about...once, startled, dont know by what, wasn't me!, Bear started climbing up a Cedar...Bears seem very timid, with their own unique kind of wariness...I kept looking about too...for Fir Bear!...a fine morning!!

No comments: