Monday, February 9, 2009

Snow Woodpecker
















Snowed during the night!...got out and about before the Sun reached the Falls...about seven thirty....after Breakfast, Shuttled over to the Post Office...had to wait a bit and had a coffee....PanPipes weren't in yet...(but later they were at Village!)...paddled back through Cook's...and Acorn Woodpeckers were home in the Woodpecker Tree...pics and clips...slogging through the snow tired me out, so back to the Cabin for a nap...power was out all night, and still out when I returned...Cabin a bit chilly...woke up when the TV came on by itself!....after quick Shuttle trip to and fro for the Pipes, geared up for an effort to find Critter tracks along the Rocky Slope at Sunnyside...found some..see clip...and...no..Bear wasn't in the little Cave...I circled around and picked up the track further along!....it led up into the Trees and Boulders...and I thought best not to follow where I couldn't see very far ahead!...it was a fresh track!....a second was nearby...but from earlier....continued on the Trail....Rednapped...or RedBreasted (Redheaded), Woodpecker...clip....went past and behind the Camp, and picked up the Road...followed it out to El Cap....I think I saw just a little bit of Horsetail Falls light up orange...but didn't get a pic...it was just a tiny section out from the wall as I got near....and when I got closer to El Cap, there were clouds and no light...I dont know if this is the time or not...no one about, so I think not...saw maybe Bobcat track...pic to check with....some Deer tracks here and there...otherwise a quiet day and walks....except for the Scenics!....thought to call the post up...WildPlace!....climbers probably know what the outcrop with the bent tree on top is called....might be in the book I have...report in email from Yahoo groups Yosemite birdwatcher of Siskens, Evening Grossbeaks...and another I forget...Crossbills!....up at Badger by the Parking Lot...maybe go there tomorrow...and maybe snow hasn't moved them!....broken after storm clouds, cool....a snowfall much like the first one this Winter...easy to walk on for the most part.....Squeaky Snow....tomorrow it'll melt a bit and ice will be about again.....but weather report says more coming!...very cool...

No comments: