Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bear 3656




After Breakfast, I paddled back to the Creek, all geared up...with poncho, as it was snowing, and the camera lenses cleaned!...good thing!...Snow Oak Bear was exactly at the same spot, doing the same thing!...munching on the Deer remains....I got the first two clips...then lost Bear in the Cedars....worked around and found a place out of the snow to sit and wait for Bear to come out...I waited and waited...now and then hearing a little noise...finally I picked up...and finished the circle I made around the Cedars looking for Bear's track...I hadn't seen Bear come out!...but didn't know for sure Bear was there...I found the track leading into the Cedars...and sighting along it took me right to Bear framed between two trunks...set up the didgi...and got some clips...Bear finally came out...and went over to the other side...where I had been waiting!!...so I made the circle again....I set up with a long long view...and out of the woods comes...well...one must know that hearabout people say one another names in greeting with intonations...often humorous....so..anyway...with my eye up to the viewfinder, I hear out of the woods..."dAYvid!"...shhh!...I told my friend, who was under their umbrella, and carrying a point and shoot film camera!...they'd found track too...work time was approaching, and I'd been about to leave off, but together we worked over to the River and up the Creek along the bank...and by just creeping up to the bank's ridge, we were able to see Bear pretty good...and pics and clips...all the pics, because of the low light with Bear moving, are blurry...this is a real problem that I'll have to think on...a way to take bad weather low light pics would be nice!....I must say, I can be pretty bossy telling people to be quiet, and where to sit!...must be from refereing basketball....Bear 3656, think that's it...got number from the clip still....is really cool..and this the third day running for pics and clips of Bears!!!...the Deer carcass is almost gone of course...found the jaw bone, and examined it a bit...from the tracks, a lot of people have been out and about Creek's End...and I think I found Bobcat's track in the Backyard...pic...snow in the morning...cool...cleared later....made it to work without shaving and under the buzzer!!...pics and clip of Chestnut Chicadees...

No comments: