Monday, February 2, 2009

Running Squirrel


































Got up before dawn for the Groundhog Day 'transit' walkabout....idea was to sit awhile here and there, and write down notes of observed birds and critters and such!...but it was too cold to sit...and write!...so I kept moving, and wrote down things in my memory, and took lots of pics and clips...in the dark before sunrise, I was going through the Lower Falls Woods trying to locate what sounded like Pygmy Owl making a single repeating call...two of them even...but the Falls sound was loud, making it tough...I did make a recording of the call...the rest of the account I'll post up after I write it out...there were two walks...one in the morning...and another in the afternoon 'till nightfall...a curl up nap in between!...the stars of the day were the Grey Squirrels chasing one another at Creek's End...got a good Ravens playing clip too, for sometime...and saw the Deer out at Cook's under the Elm....it warmed up in the afternoon...and I sat awhile for lunch at the Long Fallen Ponderosa...except for Breakfast in Siberia, I didn't get further than the Village...but made several to and fros!...bit like the Squirrels!...it was an exceptionally mild sunny warm blue sky day...a recollection of Springtime Tanagers by the Post Office...and report of recent Bear plop in Cook's...had hoped for Hawk and Bear and Bobcat...but 'am happy to have seen Deer and the other critters!!.....oh...and heard the remarkable survival story of the Tumble into the Merced!!...

No comments: