Thursday, February 19, 2009

Creek Bears










Well...I needn't have fretted about having to pick up and leave off from the Bears yesterday when work time approached!...they were right were I left them yesterday when I started the walk today..... I came up on the Creek Footbridge, and a gaggle of photogs were all in a line..and a Ranger was keeping them in line!...preparations were afoot to shoo the Bears away, and recover a Deer carcass..a large Buck!...it must have been under the Tree that Bear was under yesterday..and the Bear under the Tree yesterday was 3563...thought it was 6...who I learned today is really 9!...but when I uploaded the didgi clip from yesterday, I could see it was 'yellow tag' Bear...I actually saw two Bears yesterday, but didn't realize it until I uploaded the digi clip!...hence forth 3563 is Oak Bear...and 9 is Fir Bear!....anyway, I had time to set up the 12x...the clip needs some explaining...at first the Ranger goes over to the Peninsula between two branches of the Creek...a fine stage for the Bears!...and easy to see from the Footbridge...and soon as he got there, BangityBang stick in hand!..the Noisemaker I hear now and then!...both Bears scurried up a Tree....from where I was, I couldn't see very well...all the good spots taken by other photogs!...so I went over to the other Footbridge...there's several going over the Creek hereabout...and another Ranger was doing crowd control...and everyone was enjoying seeing the Bears...from there I saw them take up the Carcass...like four of them with a stretcher...it was heavy and hardly eaten...and to be relocated out of the way of the tourist's pathways...I sighted one Bear up in a tree...with a lot of help from the tourists!...it was Fir Bear...after Fir Bear was back on the ground, the best spot to view was way over by the Tiki Palace... there I went and got pic and clip of both Bears on the bank...and Fir Bear on the log...through all this I missed a lot of great pics...indeed, some of the photogs were getting the 'best Bear pics ever'...did the best I could, but was all thumbs, and bit out of sorts being surrounded by other photogs with very expensive long lenses...lots of photogs about...some for the Valley scenics...others for Horsetail...quote of the day...'I just got here, and already filled up the four gig card with Bear pics, now what!'...well...I've been there, and Double A Gallery has cards...though a bit pricey!!...didn't do much of walkabout!...the Post Office had been the destination in mind...did do a lot of back and forth as the Bears kept going from one side of their 'stage' to the other!!...one brief part of the clip shows them wrestling...the photogs on the Footbridge at the time had a clear view of the play...and I'm envious!!...mixed report on Horsetail...'it glowed a little'....something of a mystery what brought the Buck down...dont know but I have a notion..but I have to find out what that miniature track was from I saw two days ago......sunny cool and blue...and the Paths treacherous again with ice!...oh...while on the Footbridge, from out of the Blue!...a great glob of snow fell out of the Treetops on the photogs!!

No comments: