Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cedar Oak Buck


























I made a left at Lower Falls intersection...instead of my usual right!...Mama Doe was over by the Rooms...pic...once headed thataway, I continued, crossed the Road and set out on the Trail to Upper Falls Trailhead...Trail hereabouts threads along the Rocky Slope through a wide variety of forest trees...found another Acorn Woodpecker Tree...pic and clip...then a Grey Squirrel high up on a Pine Limb...pic, and while doing clip, Two Does and One Fawn came along and crossed right in front of me...pic and clips with the 12x...for sometime..it will be a glued together clip of Grey Squirrel with the minidigi, and the Deer with the 12x...well...one will have to see it!...I reached Sunnyside Camp, and saw a group of Robins...mixed with Blue Jays....and while watching them through the Binocs...thought Flicker was amongst them!...all these other birds showed up!...Nuttall's Woodpecker, Flicker, Brown Creepers, Kinglets?, Acorn Woodpeckers, Downy Woodpecker?, and a bird new to me!....Whitechested Nuthatch!...I was right near the Tents....and apparently in the midst of one of those 'mixed flocks'....well...I'll be going over thataway more often!...I tried to get a good clip of the Nuttall Woodpecker....and what with switching to other birds...following Brown Creeper with a minidigiscope is no mean feat!...I didn't end up with much...I kept trying and was following flown off Nuttall's, and two tourists came up to the Trail from the Road...I was a bit miffed and grumpy and went off trail just to get away, but as I was, they called over to tell me that a Buck was laying down just where they had been...by the Tents....oh!...I said...a bit privately chagrined!...and thanked them....they'd been taking pics...had a red ring lens....'it's in good light!"...oh!...thanks!...anyway....Buck was indeed in good light!...the Rocky Slope light...

on the clip is (from yesterday, and day before): Nuttall's Woodpecker, Blue Jay with the black vignette I get when I dont zoom in with the 3x...some of these are kinda cool...porthole clips, I call them....and Raven with bottle at the end...a second Raven takes a tumble...which brings to mind to say...dont drink and drive!!!..

another sunny blue blue day!...but tomorrow rain is in the forecast...which will shift everything back into winter mode!....sure the one woke up Ground Squirrel I saw in the Camp will be a bit confused...along with the Tortoise Back Butterflies, the Frogs calling...oh...one was in the Shower the other night...two actually...one jumped down the drain...which made me wonder how it fared!....a fine walkabout this morning!!

No comments: