Friday, February 27, 2009

Creek Bridge Bears









Paddled over to the Village...on the way took note of the ominous signs at Creek Bridge...one on each side...the Rangers put these signs beside the Roads where accidents with Bears and Automobiles happen...later the reports at Last Chance confirmed my worst fears...two of the Creek Bears were hit...(an update: report today, 3/1, has it that one was hit, and the two signs were put up to warn drivers that Bears were in the area...I dont know if the one hit survived...that seemed to be the case in the report....needless to say, I wont feel at ease with this until I see the Creek Bears again! )....at the Village I picked up the mat cutter and a box of 16x20 mats....boxes too big to carry...I was all geared up and had thought to go through Cook's....but took the Shuttle back to the Cabin...just as I got there, Chickaree was on the roof of my neighbors' Cabin...pic and clip...still had time for a short walk....and headed out to Creek's End...the snow is melting fast!....looked for tracks at the Three Cedars...may have been one fresh one...hard to tell...sometime a track is shaded and stays crisp...pic of Tortoise Back Butterfly...sunny blue cool with hazy clouds...

Lackaday

Oh, at Creek's End, I stood disconsolate by Owl Log,
The snow melting, and no new tracks by the Three Cedars
And your wild play ground.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Sorry to hear about the bears. That's so sad. People really need to slow down when driving through the valley.

DavidDavid said...

Yes, that's very true. Thanks, Steve.

David