Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bear Six in the Fir Tree
















Paddled over to the Post Office...snow's melting fast!...came back through Cook's...pic of Chapel from Chapel Bridge...when I came to the Creek Bridge, some slow tourists were ahead...sorta made me want to stomp my foot!...and some more came up from behind...so I backtracked and went over the other Creek Bridge that's back amongst the Trees...from there, I glimpsed Bear 6 up ahead...and thought a thank you to the tourists for the diversion!...some clips through the Trees...all I had until Bear went up the Fir Tree...I went along the Creek Bank until I found a spot to see...same spot I took Fern Doe and Two Fawns pics!....it was a very pretty scene!...Bear up in the Tree..and I'm not sure what the other Tree is...Bear finally came down...and started in my direction...and did a foot stomp!!...see clip!...I was a bit chagrined...thought I was far enough away...tried for a didgi clip, but Bear came down from the Tree while I was putting the didgiscope together...all the still pics with the new camera are blurry...Bear swinging in the Trees too much...even still, I would have thought the light bright enough to stop motion...the 12x took the one pic in the Tree which I like...I'm thinking I should maybe set the new camera to a lower level resolution setting..it's at highest...have to experiment a bit...Bear went down the Creek to the other Bridge and started to cross it....thought different, came back, and found a spot under a Pine and lay down...tried for didgi clip, but too many branches...had to pick up...work time..made it just under the buzzer!....with time, I would have waited for Bear to move about again...sunny blue...some few hazy clouds in later afternoon...cool...warm really, as everything melting...out of the clear blue sky, under the Oak with the Arch Branch Over Half Dome, I got clunked on the head by good size chunk of snow from high up on the Oak...rattled my noggin!!...report of Raccoons at Granite Landing...and too, report of two Mountain Lions hunting them...(should note report is from the Brazilians!)...Coyote sighted at night in the Village...I didn't see, or hear, hardly any birds on the walk...just the Acorn Woodpeckers come to mind...and the ever present Kinglets and Yellow Rumps invisibly peeping...

No comments: