Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winter Hawk





























Paddled out to Bobcat Meadow after Breakfast...and over to Chapel Meadow too...and it was quiet....flollowed some Coyote tracks...but they were a few hours old I think...Grey Squirrel was on the Cabin Roof when I got back...pic...sunny blue snow on the ground whitewhite bright...made me squint...warm...some clouds came in at dusk....better luck at the Lunch Sit Log!...two Does...pics of one....and was just settling in on the Log with coffee in hand, and saw Big Wings flop to the ground beyond the Diversion Channel....dropped the coffee, took some pics...and Hawk flew up to a branch....wasn't sure it was Cedar...but next fight up to an Oak confirmed--Cedar!...verycool....Cedar flew to two more Trees, all close together, and gave me some angles for pics...left off with Cedar perched with Sentinel for backdrop...and went myself back to work, very pleased....a few minutes left, and a friend sat down at my table while I was reviewing the pics, and announced they'd seen their first Peregrine Falcon...but they weren't sure, and when they described the Raptor they saw, it sounded like Cedar, and on viewing my pics to compare, looked to be...though it may have been Red Tail Hawk...but they got a good look at Tail Feathers in flight and it was Cedar I think...this sighting yesterday over in the Village behind the Store...'Hawk was on the fence with a Squirrel'....friend was very pleased!

No comments: