Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Vacation Pic

















One of the little 8x10 Yosemite oil paintings I did for class at Palomar...from a vacation black and white pic...top pic is altered in photoshop elements...the colors I used were all from the cool side of the color wheel, and I tried to get values...the Pine is still there, but where my two grand nephews and sister are standing is now the edge of Sentinel Bridge Parking...photo taken in  '95, before the flood...windy in the morning, sunny clear warm...well, I go about carpentry the same way I go about rollabouts and hikes...I study the map, and think I've got the directions...getting lost and bushwacking don't bother me none!...it's fun...thought I needed a drill press at one point...lot of sticks needing holes for the garage shelves...but found I can hand hold the sticks while using  star construction screws which tap themselves...I've tried all kinds of fasteners...ones from dollar store are dollar fasteners and not to be used for any kind of serious fastenings!...two shelves together, and I can see now how to attach them to the garage, and then add two more on top...was at sea a bit!...but I wanted the drill press anyway, and the two un-needed little clamps too...an added Old House purchase!!!

No comments: