Monday, June 29, 2009

Owls and Sandpiper




Shuttled over to Siberia for Breakfast....clip of the Baby Robins...on the way back, hopped off at Lower Falls...and when I reached the inner Creek Bridge, going under were Mama Mallard and Seven...then Mama Mallard and Three...a parade!...clips for sometime...I followed them up the Creek...and it took me to Robin on the Nest...pic and clip...wandered about the Delta a bit...and glimpsed...and heard Tanager...some neat clips and pics of both Male and Female...another little bird too...and Grosbeak...following Tanagers took me back to Robin on the Nest...all I had was the monopod and 20x....used the monopod as a pole, and lifted the camera above Robin...viewing through the LCD fold out screen...that works!...look forward to taking clips of the Baby Robins when they hatch...met with Brown Creeper...clip...all these clips and pics for sometime!...had lunch at the Cabin...hot dog and nachos...watched tv a bit...and then a nap...didn't go to sleep last night until 4am!....woke up around six thirty pm...and geared up...Doe in the Backyard resting...Foxgloves growing along the Swath..pics...got to the Creek and there was a Rainbow forming over Glacier....day wasn't as hot as expected...and some Thunderclouds came in...no rain though...hurried to Creek's End to maybe get pic of Rainbow over Half Dome...clambering out to Owl Log, startled Woodpecker, which began scolding me...think it's one I dont see often...very neat clip of it going into it's Nesting Hole...this took awhile...and I may have missed Rainbow...seems today a lot was going on on either side of me!!....Sandpiper on the Channel sand...pics and clips...and then...then I thought to look for Owl...moving up the Channel, I wasn't having much luck, but one of the Fledgelings flew up from the grasses...'only one..'...I thought...and looked to the grasses for the second...and Fledgling was perched on an old fallen tree...clip I took here is of some concern...looks like Owl has a wound just above its beak...was being bedeviled by flies...mosquitoes too...maybe nothing...as I located Mama Owl in the grasses too (long clip), and the bugs were all about her face also...both Fledgelings flew off towards Creek's End...following took me back to Sandpiper, who was piping loudly!...(I suspected Owl was close by, I had just taken the clip of the two Fledglings together on the branch, Sandpiper curious!...they appeared while recoding Mama...see clip up!...but I got so lucky sighting on Sandpiper with the digi, that I didn't think to look for Owl)..when I left off recording Sandpiper...Owl flew right over my head back the way I just came...seems today I was back and forth!...I walked along the Channel...sand easier to walk on...and both Fledgelings were back in the grasses..a low spot...all I could see was the tip of their heads!...dont know what they were about...grainy clip with the 20x of them flying up to the Trees...I tracked them a bit from Tree to Tree...sometimes the clips have the Falls as backdrop...very cool...but light was very tough...one perched a long while up a larger Ponderosa...turned away from me...scanning behind me, I glimpsed Mama flying, and she perched on another fallen tree...a beautiful pose...and long clip..and again with back to me...this all the while Fledgling was in the Ponderosa...I wanted to work around for better view of Fledgling...and wanted to maybe get clip of Mama lifting off....and the card filled up on the 3x!!...by the time I made room, both had flown off...but I could hear Fledgelings!...they've begun to sreeech a little...got one last clip of Fledgling...porthole and dark..but with feathers kinda glowing...very neat...and recorded their calls with the 20x...even one last flight clip with the 20x in the last bit of light..this right by the Path...last I saw of Owl, Owl soared off disturbed by some tourists walking right below on the Path!....oh..all these clips and pics for sometime too!....the digi scope made the clips and pics possible...I have pics and clips with the other two cameras...but just cant get close with them...there was always like sixty or seventy yards between me and Owl...Sandpiper was aways too..this to say, the digiscope is a new tool in a photogs kit bag!!....sunny hot blue with some over cast..which helped!....heard account of Doe with Two Fawns while at Siberia in the morning...today was so much fun, I might just do it all over again tomorrow!!...but Toulumne beckons..

No comments: