Sunday, June 7, 2009

Violet Green Swallows And Owl






















Paddled out to Creek's End...then along the Merced...Aspen toppeled over at Ozone Beach...shore erosion....on the Path near Swinging Bridge, I was intent on sighting a Blue Bird, and heard approaching bicycle wheels...so tried to hurry...then a voice...'Did you get it fixed yet!' 'Geezzzz lueezz!, You scared the bird!'...it was the previous owner of the Bus....and this conversation has gone on for awhile.....'I found some parts, I'll bring them by...'....'It's going to take more than a few parts!'....so it goes...I went on out to Two Top Pine Meadow at the Rocks near the Broken Cottonwood...and just sat awhile....the Violet Greens were flying by and flying by..and I waitedwaited...and they perched!...three times!...and twice I caught them flying off and onto the branches...pics of Song Sparrow, Redwing, and Female Redwing too...the Broken Cottonwood is far enough, and by itself enough, in the Meadow, to be a kinda magnet for the little birds...oh...at the Path, the Lovely Rockclimber peddled by on their bike too...with their giant bouldering pad...and said sweetly, as always, 'hi david'....and then ring ring with the little handlebar bell to warn the meandering tourists...sunny warm blue with a fine breeze...Owl is sitting on a Cottonwood branch..miss labled Ponderosa...clip is from the Monday group...and still more of those for sometime!...Hikers' Bus begins going to Tuolumne next week...where I'll begin going too on my days off!!

No comments: