Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sunny Hot Blue




Paddled back to the Creek for a little while..found a place to sit in the shade by the Great Turf....was diverted there by folk at the Swath...and the Deer House...and while there by the Turf, a whole troop of YIs came by...a few little birds had been settling in the Alders and Cedars...but the whole Creek shore was made silent by the troop....picked up, and just as I did, I startled Kingfisher out of a Cedar top overhead...must have been there all along!....followed Kingfisher out to Lodgpole Point, and almost raised the camera in time to take pic of Kingfisher perched high in a Cottonwood....followed out to Chapel Bridge..but tourists about, and repair crew having lunch...and so quiet!....thereabout I got the Grey Squirrel on Snag pic...sunny hot blue...with the light breeze...at the lunch sit, I went out into the Woods a bit...whereabout I heard Owl last evening...and quiet, but I thought I saw Owl on a Ponderosa...but very far away....moved closer, only to see I was fooled by a bunch of dried Pine needles....but while at this new location, near the Cattails, I heard one scolding Blue Jay...and through the grasses, and shrubs, and tree branches...I was in a kinda hollow...I glimpsed a little bit of Owl...and very close!...had the new camera with...and tried for pics...but difficult....I started to work around to the right, around an Oak...but over aways in the Diversion Channel, a tourist was about..I think they were Owl hunting, and had one in sight!...but not Owl I was seeing...so I went to my left, and found a spot right amongst the Cattails where I could see Owl clear...and Owl paid no heed...preoccupied with something high in the Oak....wanted myself to see what was Owl's interest, but it was time...so crunchedcrunched out of the Himilayan..looked back for one last pic...and Owl was still looking up...I could have gone right up under Owl!!...too sleepy to edit clips...Creek Chicaree is ondeck...oh....while at the Turf, I noticed a carbiner hanging from an Alder trunk attaced to a small nylon leash...a bit of a mystery...pic...thought to leave it there, but thought too I've always wanted a real carbiner for my keys...everyone herabout has a carbiner to hold keys and whatnot...but usualy the store souvenier ones...anyway, I snagged it...likely someone used it to tie up their raft when the Creek was high...now...now the Creek is discontunuous at Creek's End...it's just wet mud for ten. twelve feet, before reaching the Merced....what litte water is running just soaks into the sand thereabout....

No comments: