Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Laguna
























Paddled out to Laguna...on last visit hereabout, I took note of the Dolphins mural from the Bus...tourists were using it as a photo back drop...'oh, I must have one of those selfies!' my thought...paddled that way passed Main Beach, and Greeter statue...in the Wyland gift shop...I didn't know this was Wyland's studio and gallery!...inside gift shop, found a tile of the Dolphins, a must purchase!....back at the Bus Transfer station, 89 was there, and, I hopped on and found myself at the Willow Canyon Park with the long walk back to the Beach again...somehow missed the hop off point for the Rescue Center...long walk, but interesting sights along the Canyon...pics along the way, and visited the Rescue Center...they had Seals, 40, Volunteer said, and  Elephant Seal that came ashore in Huntington Beach...took note of Bob Barker's support, and recalled the Whale Wars show...at the Arts Festival, one of the venues was open for free, Art-a-Fair, and inside a very nice show...much takes my interest, having studied all the mediums in art classes...well made things, but one doesn't happen on any Old Masters like quality work...that takes apprenticeships and tremendous effort...I think those artists are all over in the animation film studios and gamer endeavors, making tons of money!...anyway, found an animal pic booth I liked, sighted Brazilian Kingfisher pic, one wing stretched out, Kingfisher's beak tucked into it preening...thought to buy print, but, framed print was underpriced, and bought that!...chatted a bit with the photog...would post it, but copyright rules...would link, but it's not at site, which is here:
http://www.robertandsarahrossphotography.com/

  ...sunny blue a few clouds warm...I seem to have gotten used to the heat, so call it warm!...Huck and Jim are on the River nearing Cairo...my chin looks like Leno's...it's the black string hat strap adding my neck....

No comments: