Thursday, June 30, 2016

OTI:three poems and notes:6/30/16

Open To Interpretation

Sure

Sure
You say
Get back on the horse
Get over your fear
Sure
Saddle stirrups
For a leg up
Bridal for pace
And this away and that away.
But, but,
This is bareback
Hang on to my mane
Pegasus!

Above The Aleian Plain

Muses,
I hang on to Pegasus,
Your winged horse.
I'm no Bellerophon,
And in your sky
I dare go no higher.
We're hovering here like a Kite,
So nearer.
I plead Euripides' case.
He was no Epicurean
To argue your non existence,
Nor I.

Bridal

I have no golden bridal,
Pegasus stamps the ground:
I can't hurry along a Tortoise
Or even divert an Ant.

DolphinWords

Notes: Sure...references Pegasus...I happened on the fragmentary play of Euripides about Bellerophon, Bellerophon having the earlier tales with Pegasus before Perseus...so so, I hung on with Above The Aleian Plain, and hopped off with Bridal...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: