Thursday, November 9, 2017

OTI:one poem, notes:11/9/17

Notes: looked up 'Yosemite picnic benches' in google images...this from stock photo, and my rendering is off from the photo...much erasing...knowing perspective is like knowing bones and muscles when figure drawing...the comic artists combine them both for their fantastic poses and contortions...I know a little of perspective from art class work...but not enough to explain it...and, for me, it's a guess...like where bones and muscles are too...but it is a great help to know these things, as it helps guide ones hand...to be 'without perspective' is to be without a feel for the subject...bench from North Pines Campground...anyway...rented from amazon and watched movieThor2011 last night...comparing it with Thor:Ragnarok I'm wondering if they're computer enhancing actors faces now, along with their muscles...I thought Thor would catch me up on the lore of these stories, but no, there's a whole bunch of them in the Marvel universe...it's interesting to see how the scripts deal with the mix of gods, demigods, mortals, and nowadays, aliens thrown in too...Thor's Frost Giants look like just out of Game of Thrones...blue eyes instead of green...the Metal Giant is lifted from The Day The Earth Stood Still...the 'deal' back and forth lifted from Raiders of the Lost Arc...and that likely from some famous 1930ish film...I hadn't seen Thor, or I'd own up to lifting some things myself from it...as a fan of movies I have the self same store of lore scriptwriters do...it's a bit like having a sense of perspective, or anatomy...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: