Sunday, May 2, 2021

OTI:pic, one poem::5/2/21

Open To Interpretation

Oarsman





















Oarsman

Are you Jason without a ship?
(laughing) I'm no one without an oar.
What isn't can never be...
What is is everything...
So, a single ear is but offset?
An echo without refrain...
Some chamber awaits...where?
A labyrinth the waves have made their everywhere.

I'll think along with you
And you'll think along with me
And we'll be simultaneously.

DolphinWords

Notes: I was messing with my tale, After Today, and that, Oarsman, was somehow a conversation between Yesterday and Jacob, or Jacob's father...Yesterday is the Italic voice...oh, too much to explain...and that's just it...I don't want to keep explaining!...as a dystopian tale it falls in the general category of a 'save the world' tale....like so many of the movies...the pied conversation is surrounded by plain prose, and was thought to be a coded exchange like spies do when verifying one another's identity...but, but I had been reading the Argonautica by Appolonius  Rhodius, hence "Jason"...and it just took off...really cool how I can get to these old books on the web...much from Rhodius in my Black Deck Tales...I haven't read many of the old Greeks, but just the few I have, have really influenced...another sketch to go with the poem is a fellow holding a conch shell to his ear...the interior of spiral shells, and our ears', are self similar...for sometime...the old Druids said to speak to one another in spy talk-riddles...the old Greek Homeridae probably did too...they can be chatting of god and the universe on a crowded subway, and no one the wiser...breakfast sandwich, white coffee, from Starbucks...Angels at Mariners...Mariners 2-0...Dodgers 14-4 over Brewers...Dodgers done messing with extra innings!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: