Monday, February 16, 2009

Snow Flicker





















Cleaned house a bit in the morning...paddled over to the Post Office and back...Flicker clip....and after a late lunch at Last Chance, geared up and headed out through the Backyard...three Does about...clip...and again, fresh Bear track...Bear went out through Owl Woods...but try as I might on the cross country skis, I couldn't catch up...and snow was filling in the tracks!...followed all the way over to Two Top Pine Meadow...kind of fun!...snow falling, negotiating the trees and hummocks, losing and finding the track...the Meadow was beautifully snow covered, and I skied out into it just to enjoy the scenics...Sentinel pic...continued over Swinging Bridge...Falls pic...then out through Coop's and Chapel Meadows to Sentinel Bridge...and back around through Cook's, Lower Falls, finally reaching the Cabin in darkness...glad I went out in the afternoon...almost went back to work cleaning...'Can do that when it's dark!' I thought....a snowy day, cool...MuirGlorious!, I'd say....hiker said they saw a 'little bear' with 'red tag'...so I suspect I was following Bear 6...

No comments: