Monday, January 30, 2012

Camp Tule Lake






Letter from friend, W., came today, giving me a headsup about Bird Festival at Klamath Falls during Presidents' Day Weekend...put in for a week's vacation, but co-workers have that week off, so maybe...and maybe another friend, who was at Camp Tule Lake, might tag along...lot of maybes, but it would be a cool rollabout...hereabout, sat awhile at the Cottonwoods at Ozone Beach in the afternoon...Ravens about...clip for sometime...paddled around the Inside Loop counterclockwise...quietquiet...Kinglet call..and sighted Pileated Woodpecker on Tall Snag by the Cement Block in the Backyard...just as I sighted with the newer camera, Pileated disappeared, into the Snag, I think...Snag has lots of Holes...sunny mostly hazy almost cloudy cool...Kodak, I read, heard, somewhere, is in bankruptcy...with this in mind, I browsed cameras on amazon last night, and snagged the 30x Kodak point and shoot for $211....I just cant do handheld clips with the newer camera, canon's t2, and on tripod, panning is tough too...and if I ever happen on Bobcat, like I have, or Hawk, I want the long lens point and shoot with, and it's versatility...the old s3 is fine, but doesn't have hd clip feature...so now I'll have that...curious to see how a different make does--have only used canon to date for the blog...I depend on Kodak Gallery for prints...curious to see what's up...brb...yes...Kodak's boat needs bailing....Kodak had one of the very first digital cameras, actually it attached to a film camera, and can be seen here at wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodak_DCS-100

No comments: