Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tule Lake















Yesterday, after Breakfast, paddled over to the Village, errands and mail..Acorn Woodpeckers on return in the Oaks...pic...sunnyblueblue cool...andand, after much waffling, and discussion with friends over Breafast, Lunch, and Dinner, I managed to get all the gear into Silver and rolled down the hill around eight or nine pm...I've often thought to drive all night one time, and see where I end up...well, second pic down is the Black Bear eatery in Mt. Shasta!!...got there just at Daybreak, after a long night journey of coast to coast on the radio...bit about voting, new book, Black Box, was very good, and story picked up on cnn of the 2 votes instead of twenty in Iowa...all this out of my blogs purview, I leave that all to the night, and the astronomers with their stars!....anyway, I had checked the weather, and knew Storm was on way for the North West, but was a bit flummoxed hearing on the radio that it was to be a record Storm in Seattle!...and I ran into the edge of it at about Dunsimor...all the traffic, Big Rigs, and me, and just a couple other cars (on night drives, one pretty much has the road to themselves!) came to a desultory halt in the Snow Fall, and pulled to the side of I5, row upon row of Big Rigs, for Chains Required...but few of the truck drivers were out and about putting on Chains...I tried, and gratefully left off when the Snow Plows came hurrying by...'Four wheel drive ok!?'...'Yes, thank you...'...not many of the Trucks continued, most taking a rest at the next exit until daylight, I think, knowing, I think, with their collective chitchat, that the Snow Plows would clear the Road...I continued a long way at like 25 miles an hour, being very timid to drive on a freeway in snow, a new thing....consoling thought was that if I spun out, I could spin and spin with so little traffic and not hit anything...ones imagination wanders!...found the Shasta exit, and rolled once up and down Mainstreet, bit lost, still dark, and shops all closed, but up a side street, Lake?, sighted Black Bear eatery, the object of some musing Monday, and got there just before opening...sat a bit waiting...Juncos and Ravens about in the Wind Blown Snow...and after Breakfast, thought to go the Motel of last December's visit, and just hold up...I imagined the Road ahead to be impassable, but I made a wrong turn, and found myself by the entrance to I5 North, and thought, 'what the heck, it's daylight'...for aways, it was twenty and thirty miles an hour, but after losing altitude going down the grade from Shasta to Weed, the Weather, and Road, cleared!!...very cool...Back To Eagle Road!...pic explanations, and more report for tomorrowmorrow from this evenings rest stop Motel in Klamath Falls...quiet, weather wise, outside now, but I might be hold up here awhile!

No comments: