Sunday, January 22, 2012

Black Sand Beach










Rolling through the Avenue of the Giants, Silver was low on gas, and day time short, and I saw a gas ahead sign, and pulled into town, Red Way, and took note of turn off to Shelter Cove....Shelter Cove had been one of the first choices for visit, but not knowing how the Road was to it, I set Cove aside for sometime...but there I was just twenty three miles away, and the Road looked good, and preferable to Big Rigs in the Rain on 101!...so, I diverted back whereabout I'd been diverted from!...Rain all twenty three miles, until I reached Shelter Cove, and it cleared just long enough for me to see the Airstrip, and Houses...one must see this for oneself!...'oh, this is not what I pictured for years and years contemplating maps of the Lost Coast', my thought...but I found a humble motel, but manager wasn't in office, and looking for where directions to manager sent me, I found a less humble motel..'120'...'ah, okay, two nights'...what could I say!...less humble motel was overhanging the Rocky Shore...'feel a bit like the beginning of Moby Dick', I mumbled...I was soaked, wet, cat...grabbed the gear, and trundled back and forth up to the third floor....there was a little window...see clip...I'm used to a twelve by ten cabin, half a cabin actually, actually, one quarter, as half is showers and such, and being surrounded with my pics and books and dishevelment, and I looked about these new temporary digs, and just sorta sighed...and the wifi didn't work, no hot water, and the power kicked off now and then...some things were familiar!...the long distance rolling caught up with me, and I went to sleep early, and up late, but next day weather was clearing, and I took manager's headsup, and visited Black Sand Beach...more post for sometime...some pics up from Beach, some from by motel, and some at the Surfer's Beach, and some pics from following morning's walkabout before rolling South...at the Little Market, I learned I got a rate, usually rooms go for double what I payed!...

No comments: