Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bobcat Meadow
















Well, I missed a couple days' sketches...had a string going from 1/1...but I'm back and forth to Bakersfield to retrieve things...more boxes!...even another car...the White Truck (a mid size pic-up...my niece acquired a giant new red pic-up to haul hay for her horses from my nephew)...so...so no new sketches, pic up is a pen and ink watercolor...if not out with the Art Activity Class, I'd go out on my own, and with more time, I could do sketches with more information...the purpose of a sketch is to gather things for a full on painting...but this pen and ink, and the ones to follow, stand alone, I think!...I was sitting by the Woodpecker Tree on one of the Fallen Log Branches....classes sit there often (now on the Fallen Woodpecker Tree too, I suppose), and Coyote would walk right by everyone often!...between here and Bakersfield cloudy hazy foggy warm cool and finally sunny this afternoon...tomorrow the train/bus back to Bakersfield...hopefully with the pick-up I can get more work done around the house, and maybe too go to Craft Fairs, Swap Meets, and such with my paintings...Silver is still in Bakersfield, and likely miffed that the White Truck is in the driveway...remarkable how much cars mean to ones sense of oneself!...the White Truck remained with my relatives when I was in the Valley, but I had driven it for years my own self while in Rainbow...a 1995('93!) chevy s3, 184,000 miles, and rolls along fine!

No comments: