Tuesday, July 6, 2021

OTI:pics,notes::7/6/21

Open To Interpretation

Shadow


























https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Museum_of_Anthropology_(Mexico)





Notes: the bottom mask I found just the other day, just a day or two after I posted a charcoal rendering of the design ...fret   step   fret (last pic)...I've come to that sunrise and sunset, the winter and summer solstices, are the frets (and dragon, snake, etc. heads)...tonight, looking for the mask to post about it, I found that other mask...and I don't know its providence...it could be a modern replica, or made up...but the forehead row of steps frets and triangles is a wonder!...the steps and frets by the nose and mouth relates, somehow, it must...with the witz monster cave...breathing in and out...air said to pass in and out of caves as temperature changes, and such....the lower one has lost its forehead motifs?...the lower one is famous, the most famous, of these masks...found in 1922...oh, it's too late...I need to sleep regular...and feed Maya...Angels 5, Red Sox 3...put a halo over this one!...more tomorrowmorrow...oh, the charcoal sketch...I'm setting up my bicycle  for a  rollabout charcoal sketch adventure...I need to exercise, and so combine riding my bike with drawing...at the Balboa Fun Zone bike shop, I got a bike basket, and then on a bench sat and sketched...the roof of the kiosk cruise ticket booth is pointed like the Pavilion's tippy top, a kinda cupola, and its shadow cast where I sat on bench backed by a paneled wood wall...that turned into the curios sketch!...I dunno...

:)

David

No comments: