Friday, August 13, 2021

Greek Key:OTI::pic,notes:::8/13/21

Open To Interpretation

Greek Key

Step Fret





facebook   Slawa Lowskya  artist





Notes: game on...on the radio...Astros at Angels...Ohtani up...bottom of third...a high fly ball??...fly out to the rim of the track...almost...Fletcher flys out...to top of fourth...no score...Slawa does these contemporary, this to say, scenes from today, of street life, well, thug life...faceless folk engaged in bad things...small paintings made with palette knife and almost impasto acrylic paint...well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to show one...brb...not all of them have a violent conceit...though even that one has an 'in your face' attitude!...when I started sketching street scenes my own self-the traffic lights motif-the algo bot brought Slawa's art, and I thought to follow...anyway, she posted a new profile pic, and I thought, and commented, "Oh, Greek keys..."...the frieze on the railing...now, today, I thought to post some of the unusual step frets I've found on the web, and looking again at the pic, I noticed the 'sign' she's making with her hands and arms...I'm not street wise, so don't know the meaning...this relates to the ancients' pied motifs!...meanings hidden...ohoh...Astros with bases loaded...Astros the bad boys of baseball for cheating-booed in all the stadiums they go to, especially Dodgers'...fump...a grand slam...Astros 4-0...dejavu...I just tuned in couple days back to grand slam by Blue Jays...so, soh, her arms make frets of the step fret...her face in the step location...crow step/half of chacana...the new work done on 5 freeway, about Buena Park, has gifted commuters with a long retaining wall decorated with crow steps/half chacana...go figure...and the step fret and chacana, popular as they are in Mesoamerica/SouthAmerica, have been picked up by the street gangs for tattoos and such...Slawa has a distinctive way with color, and stylizing, and knows figure...her paintings read as well as any of the great impressionists...my thought is she's taken traditional lessons, and did them very well...I could be wrong...I thought a photographer on facebook (David McChesney) painted, his photos having all the elements painters familiar with from their lessons, but no-he has like just a natural knack...doesn't paint at all...but his photos from Joshua Tree a marvel...both David and Slawa offer their work for sale...been poleaxed by heat and mosquitoes...my housekeeping efforts continually diverted...one of the cats left a dead half eaten black rabbit in the hallway...a trophy...rabbit I think escaped from the far away corner house...that, that stuff just puts me in a funk...for days...thug life indeed...back with game report...Angels lost that Blue Jay game Wednesday, 10-2...I was at game yesterday...Angels 6-2, a win for Ohtani!...put a halo over that one...roll out for snack, bbk...bk...Astros 4-1...the talk box broke at Jack in the Box...order taker was outside under an umbrella...

:)

DavidDavid


 


 

No comments: