Monday, September 6, 2021

BalHouse:OTI::pic,notes:::9/6/21

Open To Interpretation

Bal House











Notes:  it's like 7:47am...been out and back to Balboa...sausage egg croissant, coffee, at the self same donut shop of yesterday...thought to go to Redondo...for another time...then thought Newport Pier...things a bit weird there...parking lot by the Pier more than half full before 6am...vagabond campers?...I dunno...even Balboa Pier parking has campers...like one fourth of the slots...again I parked at the Ferry lot, and sketched the Bathroom House...it is really charming architecturally...if I could, I'd put that design on the side of the old GG House-do something with the blank sunny side, or even build a house like it!...make a fountain, pool...the design has a Spanish look, and tiles highlighting...in fact, it is the underworld motif!..two dragon pillars with a cave...I dunno...I've wanted nothing to do with the holiday Labor Day crowds...tomorrow I can get my senior pass to the State beaches, and feel more settled about where to go on the roll outs...I used a fine line sharpie pen to indicate the tiles...mixed media I hadn't thought of-charcoal and black pen and ink...with the pen I  can do detail I can't with the charcoal sticks and even the charcoal pencil...an avenue to explore...brb...lots of tutorials...https://painting.tube/figure-drawing-in-ink-and-charcoal/ ...like to find some Old Masters' examples...time for my all day beat the heat nap...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: