Saturday, April 9, 2022

Treasure:pics::notes:::4/9/21

Simplify


















Notes:  game on...on the radio...Astros at Angels...Doom on the mound for the Astros...top of second...no score...Maya, my dog, being bedeviled by fleas...their season has begun with the hot days...I have an expensive flea collar, just need to put it on...no easy task!...two out single for Astros, broken bat...pics up from garage sailing, and visit to the Goodwills...chatting to myself thereandthenabout  about how to present the rollabout as a post!...Syndergaard on mound for Angels...W....two on....made out...Walsh waps a homerun off Verlander...Angels 1-0...outandabout now to Balboa for a hotdog...I haven't been to the ocean for weeks...and I like the drive listening to the game...bbk with report, and the musing about today's treasure haul- the things on the picnic bench and chair...need to shop for a better chest protector too...softball that thumped me yesterday I think cracked a rib!...still hurts when I move a certain way...but not so bad as last night...couldn't sleep...bk...top of ninth...one out...Angels 2-0...reliever Iglesias on the mound...Angels now have their own version of Doom...Syndergarrd out dueled Verlander!...two out...K!!!...Angels win...put a halo over this one!...the paintings of the kids painting; I noted the frames at a garage sale, like one of the first I went to...back at home, I noticed the paintings in the frames, found the artist on the web...and, and it was much to think on!...reminded me of famous artist Mary Cassatt...I thought then to do up a post...these middle tier artists deserving of attention, but I feel a bit undeserving to write about them...the thing to note, is that each of these things I get thrifting, were once on store/gallery shelves, and sold...these kid paintings are prints, and framed as they are sell for, I dunno, a hundred dollars new...I'm not a reseller...and I look kind of pathetic browsing at garage sales...I paid just five dollars each for the kid paintings, a gift...paintings of plein air artists painting is a motif...the kids painting gives a different charm...the hippo cookie jar from today, I got for free...estate sale wrapping up, "everything free"...it had been priced for ten dollars...the jar, five dollars("from Pier One"), the birdhouse, five dollars, the antique store front/clock, five dollars, the unicorn nutcracker, three dollars, three dolphins in a seashell, three dollars (I really like these resin things!), wild flower angel photo frame, two dollars, white frames, four dollars each (white frames said to be best for impressionist paintings), purple hair kids, 3 dollars, two dogs, five dollars, fish, four dollars, second pencil drawing (see yesterday post), four dollars, cup, four dollars, house behind trees, 5 dollars, moose, 5 dollars, simplify, three dollars...two of the artists I looked up when I came home...the photo of reddish house behind trees is by Mike Kelly of Laguna Beach, I believe...web says he uses color slide film exclusively, which may explain why the photo isn't razor sharp in focus...Moose Canyon by Jeannette Seacheck...a few things on web, but not this one...Simplify, stitched on fabric is Henry David Thoreau's shout out...spent the afternoon reminiscing about Thoreau...wrote a poem, we have stuff in common...poem too personal a reveal to post!...too bad, it's funny...like I said, I have a fondness I've found, for resin things...and I've found some others!...music box snow globes, lighthouses, primitive/folk wooden things...Goodwill had out two big bins of toy characters, five for a dollar...the picker vloggers on youtube snap these up, collectables as they are...too much...my choice of subjects to paint and draw, well, it's not cutsey stuff, but the frames I get because of the pictures in them is all over the map...they've widened my appreciation of art, like today, the unicorn nutcracker...kindofa My Pony style kid thing, but really well made, and attractive....it has 2021 date on pedestal, and, brb...on ebay for thirty dollars, new...the find of the day might be the two dogs...artist's name Lawrence Reiter...brb...he's on the web, but I can't find this two dogs...it's like pencil,ink, and something red, watercolor tint?...it's nice, and on back an old exhibit ticket, so it might be an original, not a print or giclee...I need to look at these with a microscope to note if they are original or print giclee!...plexiglass cover like exhibits want...it had a price on the ticket, but sharpie blacked out...maybe omitted back then that way...the cup is by Erin Dertnrer...brb...cup like this on ebay, 12-20 dollars...she's on web,lots- Fort Bragg...the purple hair kids, Anne Geddes...brb...on ebay, 12 dollars...she has lots of these little kid pics...the white frames have paper cut cosmetic things, perfume bottles, lipstick, eye lash tool...each mounted to the back of the glass...but no artist name...the wild flower angel by Kathy Killip...brb...on ebay 10-20 dollars...artist on web lots...the second pencil drawing is signed F. (Fred)Aldrian, can't find, yet...at a sale, I got a table saw...take some repairing to get it up and running...have always thought to make my own frames, and it's gotten to 'I hate the thought of re purposing these ones I find'...for someone, for who knows how long, they were someone's treasure!...re: the hippo:

"It's doesn't have any cookies in it..."

"Not yet."

the bird house is a model I can use to make birdhouses...the primitive/folk wood things too...the jar for the spider plants...the kids painting are by Corrine Hartley...on web lots, and originals in local gallery...for sometime... 

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: