Friday, May 1, 2009

Deer And New Digiscope













Didn't go far on the walk!...just a few steps out the Cabin door...wanted to try out the new scope...and had to experiment a lot to get a solution of how to mount the camera...and I only got the one pic of the tree branches before the camera battery quit!...but it shows promise...I resolved a bug on the tall Oak, though the branch looks like an Alder...not sure what I pointed at!!..but it was aways away!...while I was about all this a small Deer herd came gamboling out from behind the Cabin and the Backyard...wish I could have got that clip!...but I anticipated they would troop across the parking lot in single file...and did get that clip with the 12x!...a couple stragglers stood awhile by the red car...and I happened to notice the 3x lcd screen was picking one up...and focused..and..well..it was Deer's tail..end...it's raining a lot...on the news 'Pohono Bridge flood warning'....crest at 12 feet...I'm not sure what that means...the Merced will be 12 feet deep?!...have to get up early to looksee!!...I'm snug and warm in the Cabin..Owls too in the Cottonwood Bowl...but I'm a little concerned for Wolfie in Camp 4!...she came by at work and told of seeing some movement in the Owls' Bowl...her friend that was along, talked too much, Wolfie said....report of one of the Creek Bears by the Cabin while I was at work..not sure which one..'playing with a bag of garbage'....report of Merganser flying under Creek Bridge...report yesterday of Blue Grouse up on Snow Creek Trail...that report with sound!... mostly sprinkles since last night until tonight when the steady drizzle came...snow up high...May 5, Teusday, is Dawn Chorus Day(think I have that right)...will make another transit that day too!

No comments: