Monday, July 15, 2019

OTI:notes:7/15/19

Open To Interpretation

Notes:  Game on...on the radio...Astros and Angels...bottom of seventh...Upton with lead off single...Angels 7-5...left off listening to the game early on...Astros back then took lead 3-0...Pujols with base hit...Pujols has been playing really well lately, both with the bat, and on defense...he looks like a man among boys out there...don't know how Angels got their seven runs...Calhoun fly out...Smith up...rolled over to the Park to re-new my yearly pass...thought to let it lapse...save the funds...then thought again, and thought, wth...Smith with base hit...and, Astros miss throw the ball all over and both Upton and Pujols score...Angels 9-5...Renigfo up...got a chicken dinner at the Park...'bout the only time I eat a balanced meal!...K...spent the morning cleaning the bath sink drain with the plumbing snake...a problematic adventure I survived again...drains clear now, and nothing leaking after I put everything back together...K...and Hermisillo, K...to top of eighth...something enigmaticish that's short:  words I don't use, I don't retain their meaning...oh, if I hear them, or read them, I understand them, the context usually cueing my memory...but if asked simply, for example, what does 'rebus' mean, I'm stuck...thinking on it, I recall it is when an image looks like the sound of a word, or some such...well, heck, I've gotta go look...Astros get a home run...then make out 123...to bottom of eight...Ohtani fly out for third out...to top of ninth...oh, found one...a picture of an eye, a picture of a bee, a picture of a leaf...tataboom...I belief...I believe...here's youtube clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzj7r3GCgdo

so, anyway, I happen on site that says the icons on the Uruk vase, and Uruk trough, are rebuses, pictures for words, and the words are accounts of precious metals...site, which I'll link next post, is hard to follow...author is a linguist, and looks to be setting Sumerian side by side with languages in India...Astros with lead off hit...next batter makes out...next one K...down to last out...jugab rebus

quote

here's link to site
 
 
and next batter K...Angels 9-6...put a halo over this one!...I'll try to figure out jugab rebus next post up!
 
:)
 
DavidDavid

No comments: