Sunday, October 28, 2007

Owl Beach Flicker

Flicker was across the Merced from Creek's End...I have a favorite log now there where I sit...I can look up towards Chapel Bridge, down toward the Half Stump in the Merced, and up the Creek...good long views, and through the trees on the opposite bank I can see the Chapel Meadow. The Flicker landed at Owl Beach (where I saw the Great Horned Owl), and I have clips of its call, and taking a bath. All long shots though, so soft.

The Heron flew by, and I could only watch, and landed by Chapel Bridge. So I sat on the log and waited for it to fly back...which it did, but I was too slow.

Then, this is cool, I heard a bagpipe playing at the Chapel, it's Sunday, and I thought to do a clip of the river while it played, and it started up playing Amazing Grace, and it made a sound track for the clip..a pan of the Merced at Creek's End.

On the walk back I got some good clips of a Golden Mantle eating a pine cone like an ear of corn...this by the Bridge.

A cool day with broken clouds...a rain shower while at work, and I wished I could go take pics of the sky then.

No comments: