Monday, October 1, 2007

Buzz Birds

Didn't get to the Creek today, took the YARTS bus to Merced. What a long day! This pic from yesterday.

quote
In my afternoon walk I would fain forget all my morning occupations, and my obligations to society. But it sometimes happens that I cannot easily shake off the village. The thought of some work will run in my head, and I am not where my body is; I am not of my senses.

Thorea

unquote

Saw a hawk from the bus, sitting atop a telephone pole, and two others gliding over the cattle ranch land...later in town there were turkey buzzards flying, it looked like, in the evening sky...I thought they might be crows or ravens but their heads looked featherless. Buzz Birds I called them as a kid on the road from Chicago to California...to the delight of my dad.

No comments: