Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mergansers and Moonbow
























Thought to go over to the Rocky Slope and look for tracks...some of the RainSnow stuck....but on the way, I remembered the Dragon Painter dvd might be at the Post Office...so..paddled thataway...and it was!...went to Bobcat Meadow on the way back..and spotted the Mergansers...pics and clips...checked for Owl...Owl was Home...pics....and after work, I took the pics of the Moon on the Glacier Point Ridge...these were handheld!...remembered the Moonbow..and paddled over to Lower Falls...a dozen or so photogs about...took pics with the 12x..but no bow...then tried the short lens on the new camera...and some color showed up..the Bow was right at the base of the Falls...the pic I adjusted...just for fun...in photoshop...the saturation enhancement...and on the way back, I took the pic of the Moon surrounded by the Clouds...I didn't think it was possible to get this Ring Around the Moon Bow pic!....all I did to that one is use the 'backlight' enhancement...it knocked out the glare so the Moon appears round and sharp....used that on the Glacier pic too...paddled back to the Cabin...uploaded..and did the photoshopping...then settled in the bunk and watched the Dragon Painter movie on the laptop...Vernal Falls is in it...the Two Top Pine prominently...and a scene very near Creek's End...very cool...and really really cool is a scene with the pinwheel just upstream from Emerald Pool...and the Cascade where the Little Bridge...well...just where I was yesterday!...the Bridge wasn't there, of course...it was 1919!!...it's a beautiful movie...I'll not say more, but if one has the chance to acquire it and see it..do!....SnowRain in the morning just as I went to Breakfast...but stopped and the rest of the day sunny with broken clouds..and the Moon tonight was putting on a show....I really like Japanese movies...no chairs, and sliding doors, and all manner of things from what seems another universe!!

No comments: