Thursday, July 4, 2013

Down the Hill

Hi Sandy,



Oh, I've quit my job.  (:  During management meeting with my union rep beside me, I just got frustrated and flustered, and walked out.  This last Saturday.  Next time we visit, I'll share the story, and all about blogs too!



I'm in Marina, near Monterey, today, the Fourth, and hope there's a firework show somewhere to see, and take pics.  I like it here, and it is the first place I'm looking for a little place to rent. 



Do you know Wolfi?  She's my friend, and many other's too.  She's like 83, and spends the summers in Tuolumne.  I know in Spring she volunteers for Le Conte Sierra Club.  She's like the Birds, migrates to the Valley from Klamath Falls in the Spring, and back there again in the Fall.  She wears all green, a bit disheveled, as I am often too!, and is sometimes by the store for food and mail.



If you see her, say hello for me, and share some stories. 



I went down to my sisters in Bakersfield Sunday, I worry about her health, and may move there if that becomes problem.  Some reluctance to be there on my part, and it's Bakersfield!



Tomorrow, I'll start going to rental offices, and I have no idea where I'll perch.  All my things, my photos, your photos, my friends phot0s, that I've collected, are all in Merced storage unit.  For 89 dollars I got a 12x15 unit with second month for one dollar--a promotion!  After living for almost ten years in a 12x10 cabin, the storage unit looked spacious.



I have a home in Garden Grove, which I inherited, and have rented to a Vietnamese family for almost twenty years.  I haven't the heart to boot them out because of my travails!  The rent they pay is modest, and I hope to  use it for a modest place of my own.  I can get social security now too, and that will replace my job income.



On vacations I've been making a big loop. I roll north to Tule Lake, Klamath Falls, west along the Rogue River to Crescent City, South to Fort Bragg and to Marina, and back to the Valley.  Looking for places beginning here in Marina, I may perch anywhere along that route!



A bit of a long email!  But I'll post it to Tree in the Door and link to my facebook, so as to continue the effort!



See you,

 David

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

Best to you in your search for a new roost! Look in the little local papers too...Pacific Grove has a free one every week. And some things are on Craig's list.

DavidDavid said...

Thanks Jeannette! The girl at the desk here recommended the Marina Beach Apts. just nearby near Wallmart and the Library. I'm superstitious, a bit, and last visit here I went tree to tree with Hawk, Redshoulder, in Walmart's parking lot! So,so, I went to office but found it closed until the eleventh. Silver is in the shop by MickyDees, trouble light stranded me in Castroville yesterday on way to Moss Landing Otters--used auto club tow to return to motel. Oh, this is long..I'll copy and post...

Unknown said...

Hang in there David! I feel that you are standing on the brink of a grand new adventure :-)

DavidDavid said...

Yes...:)