Monday, July 15, 2013

There To Here

http://youtu.be/5xAOdZ2PwVg







Well, when I arrived in Town, on 5 near Euclid, the Park's fireworks show was in progress, as now it is as I type, ninethirtyish....that was a couple days back... Nat Geo was in the email inbox, announcing another enter-your-photos assignment, this subject: 'travel'...hmmph... Hereabout, Mocking Birds chase Squirrels, and sing all Night...saw Hawk at Last Light...rolling out to Micky Dees, and just a few Houses away, Hawk flew to TV aerial, and away before id...but auspicious to see Hawk!...in the center of my pic wall is Bobcat with Eyes Closed at Trunk of Owl Oak, which that Snowy Day had two toned Bark from snowstorm moisture, my Buddha Bobcat pic...and to the right facing wall is my tenants' little Home Shrine to Buddha...kinda cool, I'd say!..I don't know what the cactus fruit is called, but has very refreshing taste, especially after battling the garden hose bib by the front porch....thought was to replace all the garden hose bibs, leaking and no water pressure, the later not helping in giving Silver a bath...shut the water off to the house, and replaced first one, and on to the next by the porch step, and forgot pop connected this directly to the main water line for sprinklers--no shut off!...old bib in hand, water pouring out, what to do!...and worse, new bib wrong size, only three quarter...looked over what I had, and had just enough...one inch female to three quarter female couple...three quarter male to one half female...and one half male bib, meant for side of house....I put everything together, opened the bib so water could get through and lower push back, and braced my elbow against the step, which gave me enough push to get the coupling to thread against the water pouring out, down the sidewalk to the drive to the street and all over me, head to toe!...one is not supposed to be able to do this!...ask any plumber, but I got purchase with the thread, tightened all, and all okay...a near run thing!...not quite Muir on the Glacier, but hopefully the last of a spate of near run things over the last two weeks!

No comments: