Friday, July 5, 2013

Travails

The girl at the desk here recommended the Marina Beach Apts. just nearby near Walmart and the Library.  I'm superstitious, a bit, and last visit here I went tree to tree with Hawk, Redshoulder, in Walmart's parking lot!  So,so, I went to office but found it closed until the eleventh.  Silver is in the shop by MickyDees, trouble light stranded me in Castroville yesterday on way to Moss Landing Otters--used auto club tow to return to motel!

Trouble light very nearly stranded me in Bakersfield on Monday, on Union St., on return to Merced to rent U Haul.   That, and the DW acting up going over roadwork bumpity bumps on 99 nearly put me in that roadside ditch mum always feared I'd end up in!  But, a series of serendipities have been steppingstones to nowabout: waiting for call at my motel room from mechanic.  Alls well, but wont be completely so until I have own place to hang my hat!

Yesterday, while waiting for tow, on 183 just west of Espinosa Road (I had gotten off  Hwy 1 and took surface roads least I stall and be hazard!), Avocets were in the irrigation canals, piping at me all the while Silver was being hoisted onto the tow truck's bed. Pics for sometime...

Actually, this is great fun...and I get to chat with the locals.  Time was I used to do a lot of this, rambling with no set plans.  It's a bigbig world, and the Valley a bit walled in!

DavidDavid
Marina
7/5/13

Oh, I did see fireworks, walked out to the beach, and looked back from dunes vantage--a few backyard shows had rockets and the starbursts.  Time was, at Disney, maintenance took a break at the evening fireworks show.  We'd play cards, or chess, or watch.  I'd often go out in the park and watch the electric parade.  Hereabout, the fire trucks were out and about--driver waved going by...very cool.

 Redahoulders, CedarHawks, call every morning in the windswept pines hereabout.  

No comments: