Saturday, November 17, 2007

Buck and Doe

Went to Owl Log, sat awhile, took pics of aspen leaves....and algae..in the Merced at Creek's End....crossed over, on the way back, to the Deer House behind the Garage and...finally...saw a critter...a doe...and in not a very good pose...but what the heck...and I remembered what I told myself yesterday...to stick with things and not pick up early...and I got a remarkable sequence of clips and pics...very subtle interplay between two does and a buck...very Japanese...I'm gonna have to learn to play the pan pipes to put a soundtrack to it!! I really like these two pics...which were taken during the clips...not stills but full res....I'm not going to worry anymore about wrecking a clip with a pic...the noise of the shutter and the hesitation will just be a part of things!!

There's something of a challenge in all this to meet...to take a series of clips in real time which by and of themselves tell a story about the Creek.



No comments: