Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Hawk

I get disconsolate when on a walkabout...and I'm not seeing anything...and I was sitting disconsolate on Owl Log...in the shade of Sentinel...it was cold and nothing stirring..and I saw Hawk waay in the distance in Chapel Meadow make a landing...oh, I thought...I have to be to work soon...but picked up and and thought to give it a chance...got to where I thought Hawk might be...and was looking for a log to sit again....in the shade...surrounded by frost...but when I looked back...this is the first view of Half Dome on the Chapel Road...I saw Hawk silhouetted...and I got a clip...a tiny in the distance one...of Hawk flying off the tree with Half Dome in the background...and over to another tree with Sentinel in the background...Hawk's tiny in the clip...but I'm pleased...and of course then started the tree hopping...and I got some good clips and pics...one where Hawk lifts off a branch and flys off...very cool...looks like a swimmer leaping into the pool for a race....and I got clips and pics of Hawk in this tree with the Falls in the background...filled up the card...two gbs.

It's the same Cooper's Hawk I got clips of twice before....it's Cooper's Hawk's Meadow now. Cook's may as well be Red Tail Hawk's Meadow!

Cold in the shade, sunny and blue...

No comments: