Friday, January 1, 2021

CoastHwy:OTI::pics,notes:::1/1/21

Open To Interpretation

#stradaeasel one

Coast Hwy















Notes:   out and back, late, to Superior intersection with Coast Hwy...last time out, 12/30/20, waiting at this light, an 'aha!, moment...I couldn't just park there and draw the sign I was so drawn to!...it's light had come on, so it was glowing green and white against the darkening sunset sky...no camera with...so at home on the driveway, I did the ink sketch, turning the traffic lights and poles into flowers and stems...so, soh, today beginning of stradaeasel month, and I though to go back and somehow begin with the view of this intersection...wondered all the way where I was gonna park...across is Jack in the Box, and a small shopping center, and that's where I parked...this neighborhood is familiar to me!...for a few months, I had a winter rental near 42nd Street, and for another few months I lived with artist friends atop the bluff in a thousand foot industrial shop...and most always when I go to the beach, if going north on Coast Hwy., I take Superior to Coast Hwy...time was this little corner was a wasteland...un-landscaped, with pipes off venting underground natural gas...we'd come down the hill full speed on our bikes, and race going back up-silly for adults, but fun...since, to my surprise, the pipes are gone, and there is a park atop the bluff, and a nearby parking lot...I hadn't noticed!...been there awhile I imagine, and a pole aposted message suggested building a pedestrian over pass...good idea...anyway, I paddled up the stairs to the bluff top, and sketched and took photos..."can I see?" a passerby said...and after seeing, they lamented, "oh, I have a long way to go..."...I dunno, but understand...now, last post I mentioned I had in mind to do a Coast Highway series, 31 days of Coast Road views...I already had this first one, and it's great finding the bluff top park...I can set my easel up thereabout...and park in the lower parking lot for the Park...it has like a soccer field, and a knock down view over the rooftops of the ocean, and Catalina Island, and today San Clement Island too, see pic...I didn't have the point and shoot with wide angle lens feature....now, for years I've thought to do a series of Harbor Blvd. views, actually poems...but couldn't think o a 'frame' for it...and, and the flower intersection lights and poles has solved that...thing to do is find such intersections  that frame a view...thinking on this on the way out, on Harbor near Warner, I happened to look to my left, and there was the sign above the side street, "Harbor Blvd", and in the distance the street ended perfectly with a view of Saddleback...I spent a lot of time two years back in September challenge looking for just that view!...go figure...I can do this light poles framing view trick all over Town!..onward...

:)

DavidDavid 

No comments: