Friday, January 29, 2021

History:OTI::pics,notes:::1/29/21

Open To Interpretation

#stradaeasel  day twenty nine

Little Cat

Down in History 













Notes:  rolled out with laundry late in the day, and, and the laundromat a zoo...passed...picked up blueberry skoan and hot mocha coffee at Starbucks...Little sat on the hood of Silver, my Jeep, while I snacked...it's become a routine to sketch the cats in their poses when they pose on the hood!...was at a loss for a comic/cartoon notion, and this after binge watching New Yorker magazine cartoon youtube vlog..."all the lyrics have been sung" goes a new love song on the radio...or some such...same could be said of comic ideas...New Yorker has it to take an old cliche and give it a new twist...they have all their cartoons archived according to cliches!...so, soh, lacking a notion I was listening to a song..."down in history" a lyric...thought to stick civilization in a sedimentary band on a desert butte...thought too of others to go with 'down in history'...cliches have like facets, synonyms...I really like my Noah's Ark ones....and here's one I thought of but dont know how to proceed...the cliche is Hopper's restaurant painting, which is being combined with the Bernie meme...brb...


quote


 






unquote


now, prior to seeing that, I had been thinking of making an aquarium holding people, and have it be under water with fish looking at the people as we look at fish in an aquarium...terrarium for people actually, and here I jammed up wondering how to make convincing terrarium under water...and then I saw Hopper's painting, and thought, heck, that's perfect...but then jammed up again as I dont like referencing stuff I cant assume viewers know about...so, the terrarium underwater cartoon on hold...and, I find it is 'cliched"...Larson has a sunken glass bottom boat, upside down, the passengers looking through the glass bottom at the fish looking at them under water...I hadn't thought to work out from cliches...I was just hoping to see something in my out and abouts that clicked as cartoon material!...but now that I've thought of cliches as prompts, welp, pop songs are full of them!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: