Monday, January 4, 2021

Gem:OTI::pics,notes:::1/4/21

Open To Interpretation

#stradaeasel four

Gem

DolphinWords 





































Notes:   out and back...a short way...first to Starbucks, Euclid and Garden Grove Blvd....then to find a place to park and sketch and snack-two chocolate croisants, hot grande mocha...was looking for an intersection  with the traffic lights frame in Old Town, and noted parking across from the old Gem Theater...first place I saw a big screen movie, big as they were then anyway...and first movie was High Noon...forget what the second bill was...Grandma Olsen was tasked with taking me...I saw many of the Ffties' movies here...looks different now...for years empty, then refurbished, several times...maybe...brb...put old pic up from Garden Grove Historical Society on pinterest...now, I've gone and made myself a new routine, and kicking myself I didn't do it earlier...when I get take out food, and snack in my Silver, my Jeep, I've been doing so on the driveway at home, where I've been sketching; now I'm thinking to do like I did today, find a view, and intersections, and make a sketch....sometimes I did this in the Valley...I have like my picnic sketch spots there...anyway, I was always drawing when a kid, dinosaurs, battleships, warplanes, and such, the usual!...but if I'd been more 'adult' about it, I'd have a fine collection of Town views through the years by now...hmmph...my grandnephew made a logo for his car detailing business...seeing that reminded me I've been wanting to make some logo/stickers, like the youtube travel vloggers have...they leave them stuck to like bulletin sticker boards, roadsigns, all over the world-to one another's motorcycles too...the surfing community has them also...we all need our own stickers!...anyway, that's that...for today...onward...

:)

DavidDavid


No comments: