Monday, March 3, 2008

Heart

Started out the morning walk past Lower Falls...where the Heart carved on the Ponderosa is...and took a seat at the Bus stop to tie my bootlaces...two Bucks where in the Oak Grove path..ears up...looking left...oh..they see Bobcat...and I waited and thought how to approach...but then some more Bucks came from the trees...and I thought...oh..just the other Bucks...and then of course Bobcat showed up!...and I was too slow and blocked out by other people...Bobcat went off into the Lower Falls delta..later reported crossing the road at the Creek Bridge...a good bet would be to sit at Lower Falls between ten and two...and Bobcat will likely show up....didn't see many critters today...but heard two good stories...one about young Bucks getting tangled with their antleers while jousting...another about Raccoon: "The door was open a little on a neighbor's wob (cabin), and Raccoon went inside..came back out with a bag of chips...and...closed the door!"
Went to Curry and bought new boots and some gators...I had this silly thought that I could wade the Creek with just the waterproof boots and gators...went to the Creek at Duck's Harbor...it's rising fast now!...and tried it out...of course the water went up the gators and down the low top boots...I dont know what I was thinking...sandals not on sale...have to web search for a lightweight pair with good straps...there will be a lot of streams to cross in the High Country this Summer!...I might need a raft for the Creek!...
In the afternoon I went to Ozone Sands and snowshoed along the Merced to Creek's End...the sunlight late in the day is just great here...of course all the birds were on the other side...I thought to make the big loop but was tired...and snowshoed back...snowshoes are a lot of work in any kinda snow! Sunny warm and blue...saw the Butterfly at Lower Falls again..got a blurry pic...all the pics today except the Postcards were...kinda blurry!!







No comments: