Thursday, August 30, 2007

Forest Hawk Sightings

Well, when I first got to the creek today my attention was split between the heron, or maybe the hawk, taking off and flying away along the creek, and a song bird singing like crazy.

I gave my attention to the songbird rather than the dissappeared heron, and couldn't see it for a long while, but it was making all kindof racket. It reminded me of a parrot. Now, in just reading about the Water Ouzel, I learned it is the only Sierra songbird, and to my delight it presented itself at the creek edge as the songbird I was hearing. Very pretty. Got video with sound, but still haven't got a satisfactory still of the Ouzel.

Further along on the walkabout, I happened on the hawk by the Twin Fallen Trees, and it swooped up into the tree tops. Got fuzzy video, this pic a still from video. Just to be sure to get something, I shoot now video first...for some reason the focus is usually okay...where with the still shots it's driving me nuts!!


AND, while I was doing this, another one, or maybe this one, landed on a stump right behind the cabin, where it posed for my friend who got terrific pics! Fump. I asked for a copy, so maybe can post it here later.

No comments: