Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Monarch on Thistle


This was outback today but further afield, past the outlet of the creek in the Merced...maybe two hundred yards. This is an interesting area. I think at one time there were buildings here as some of the trees dont look native. And the Merced has a second, high water river bed. It's all gravel bottom and sand beach, and really quite large. Like a second river channel. In the early afternoon there is really not much stirring, critter wise, so I'm exploring further out. Reason I thought to go to the Fen yesterday. On the web is an old UofC Fauna of Yosemite, 1924, and it shows a lot of birds I haven't seen. I've been putting off opening my books to identify what I've photographed. My innaccuracies are such that I'd hate to think someone looking up the blog as a source of accuracy!!




Letmegoget one of those bird illustrations, which are very nice painting.

No comments: