Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Acorn Squirrel




Well...I cant get the clip up...it's of a Grey Squirrel hiding an acorn at the base of the Deer House Redwood...maybe I need to get a faster hookup!....walked over to the Post Office in a kinda hurry early...forgot to renew the Box...while there I ordered some first day issues of the new stamps...brb....
quote
Add the beauty of Yosemite to your mail with the eighth issuance in the American Treasures series next August. Art director Derry Noyes of Washington, DC, chose “Valley of the Yosemite,”an 1864 oil-on-paperboard painting by Albert Bierstadt (1830-1902). It belongs to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. “Valley of the Yosemite” shares the freshness and immediacy of the plein air field sketches Bierstadt used in composing a much larger painting titled “Looking Down Yosemite Valley.”
unquote
August 14 is the release date I think.
sunny warm and blue
addenda: Got the clip up...just a small one... so it's a puzzle why it wouldn't go up last nite...but I've found a new routine!...I'll post up the pics and text after work...late nite...then the clips next morning while I go to breakfast...which I'm about to do now!...that will free up the hook up so I can get some things done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No squirrel, but an awfully nice Evening Primrose. They've been awesome lately, but I think we're nearing the end.

Well, gotta run - just kidding! I don't *always* have to run. Just real often lately.

Tom

DavidDavid said...

Squirrel clip is up now...they runabout too!