Friday, August 1, 2008

Unicorn Fawn













These pics and clips are all from Tuolumne on Monday and Tuesday....I stayed overnight at May Lake with my Niece and Grand Nephew....back to the car at Lambert Dome parking...discovered battery was dead...so I said..."I'm starved...and going to the Grill!"....and they agreed to catch up....I didn't get far...just as I approached the Tioga Bridge over the Tuolumne...which is like my favorite spot...Hawk flew low right past me...a real wonder!....and landed in the Meadow there...looking for Picket Pins it appears!...I coulda walked out in pursuit...I think Hawk might have tolerated my being a little closer....but walkerbys were stopping to watch too...and I didn't want to spoil things for them....really nice weekend...and an escape from the smoke!

Walked today for a bit to the Creek while doing laundry at the Wreck...which reminds me I have a really neat clip of a friend doing an impromptu in the Creek..who happens to live at the Wreck....only got a clip of Flicker ...only!...anytime Flicker appears I try to capture the Illusive!...for a bird that makes one of the more commonly heard calls hereabouts...if just isn't seen much!....sunny and warm and blue...lots of sunburns on the Half Dome trekkers....power went out again...now it's back on...fingers crossed!

"Having no plan, is a plan for failure." I think that's some rock climber thing..but I picked it up from Tom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I picked it up from a diet book of all things! It was in "Body for Life" by Bill Philips and it goes: "Failing to plan is planning to fail."

Tom