Monday, August 11, 2008

Forest Hawk






The Ducklings were at Creek's End in the evening....and I had the tripod legs splayed out....something I haven't tried before!....better way of getting low with the camera than lying on the gravel!....anyway...while taking the clip of the Ducks I heard Blue Jays raising the alarm in Chapel Meadow... and if I hadn't taken time to change to sandals...I might have gotten a pic of Hawk...or Owl...which flew back across the Merced into the Deer House Woods after I just got to the other side!....I was off...got another glimpse following the calling Jays following Hawk..or Owl...wound my way all the way to Wee Bridge...where I looked a bit of a fool peering at the tree tops from the path!....

In the afternoon walk the noisy Jays were right above the Tiki Temple...and so was Hawk...got the pic that time....

...tonight's clip is from a few days ago...sunny warm blue...and cooling off a bit after sunset.

No comments: