Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mergansers on the Creek




Soon as I got to the Creek I happened on Merganser....didn't know they were all there!....set up the tripod low....after stirring up a sunbather!....and waited for them...first Two with Mom...than the Five with Mom...at Creek's End was the Mallard Mom and Three...Ranger Duck with Friend were part of Edie's photo assignment!...this all in the afternoon walk...

In the evening I started out on the Shuttle to Siberia for dinner...but it went out of service at the Village...lost my seat...so peeked in the Store...long lines...got a root beer and amos cookies from the machine...and went out to the Artist Grove and sat....got a neat clip of one Buck....then over the by Lily Pads saw another and sat and waited....wanted to get pic and clip of the Buck next to the Pads...I've just read Galen Clark's description of the Lily Pads in his 1910 book, Valley of the Yosemite, I think its called....the Pads have been there for over a hundred years!...Buck obliged and browsed its way to the Pads...and a friend happened by walking their dog...which provided narration and a heads up stare from Buck!...then noticed was a Doe with One Fawn...so...even in the low light I got some neat clips and pics with conversation too!....I paddled out into the meadow a little...and regretted stirring up One Fawn...but it just hopped a bit...than came back to the Doe...and they both settled into the grasses for the night...earlier I'd annoyed the Mergansers....see clip...along with the sun worshiper!...and the Rubber Duckies are probably over the top...but fun...brb...
the Rubber Duckie song can be found here...or a search...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Wkq8iouEY

it's a little short for the clip...but...I guess this is the tune for this one!...I forgot to mention that the tune for Picnic Bench Squirrels is New Soul...YouTube search will bring these up!

sunnywarmblue with a breeze....

No comments: