Saturday, August 30, 2008

Appletree Bucks






Before sunrise I thought Owl was outside...the Blue Jays were gathered high in one of the Cedars....and were scolding...paddled out with the 12x and binocs....but couldn't see Owl....but it all got me up and out...so I geared up and went out the dirt road...past the Cattail Pond to Owl Woods...to the Diversion Channel...and over to Creek's End....crossed to Lodgpole Point...and part way to Chapel Bridge happened on 12 or so Mallards browsing the opposite shore of the Merced....and a Hummingbird....almost...almost got a clip of Hummingbird....continued to Chapel Bridge and along the river to the Woodpecker Tree where there was a yearling Buck and the two adult Bucks...they crossed the Path and nibbled on the Appletree...pics and clips...it was too early for Woodpeckers...had the digiscope with...it's so slow to set up!...and it stayed in the pack...went to Sentinel Shuttle Stop and while waiting the Two Ravens were hopping about the trucks...and for moment they were looking at one another...and I missed that and just got the pic with each on a truck....then one flew to the nearby bench...and then the other...I watch the Ravens very close....Odin's Messengers after all!!...had breakfast in Siberia...caught the shuttle back to Lower Falls...hopped off and cut through the Creek and the Backyard...once back at the Cabin...I curled up...it was eight o clock!....and slept till worktime!....but tonight I'm tired...one more day of the summer season...and Monday to Tuolumne for my weekend...I think the digiscope will work very well taking clips of the Picket Pins....they're just shy enough I cant get close enough with the 12x...but they sit still a lot...so that favors the digiscope!...nice morning...it was hot sunny and blue.

No comments: